Friday, February 20, 2009

Move me

In this blog, I seem like to be preoccupied with my job.
In the reality, I'm just a part-time worker who doesn't work longer & doesn't get paid very much.
However, having a (or a few) technical job that I can help people is very important for me.
Wherever I live, whether I'm married or single, I want to keep a job that "moves" me.

Every time I do the teacher's job, I'm moved by something.
I hope this blog becomes a record of the moving sequence and hopefully, a lead to make me grow as a person.
Today, I was moved (mostly) by the two things.

First, my private student, Ryuichiro.
He is 16 years old who wants to pass the second grade of EIKEN.
He wants? Maybe, his mother wants.
Contrast to his mother's enthusiasm, Ryuichiro himself didn't work hard.
However, today, I felt he was really serious in the class.
He was taking a note almost every word I said. He asked questions a lot, and tried to analyse when he missed some questions.

While he talked with Toshi, our head teacher, I praised Ryuichiro a lot.
Later, Toshi said to me, "His brother just passed EIKEN, so his mother didn't praise him. But you gave nice comments to him, so he was REALLY glad!"
I was wondering how to motivate him... But now he's motivated!!
He believes he can pass the EIKEN if he "trusts" "my lessons."
I felt my responsibilities, but also I was glad that Ryuichiro finally opened his mind to me.

Second, Toshi's text message.
After 20 minutes I left the school, I found a text message on my cell from Toshi.
He wrote, "Thank you very very much for your follow-up for Ryuichiro!
He looked VERY glad to hear your nice comments. Now he is really eager to learn at our school! Also, thank you for talking with Emi for a long time even rhough after your work was over. You're always nice to our students even though to whom you are not in charge of. That makes our school's atmosphere very good. We always need you!"
What I'm impressed by Toshi and Rie(our manager) is they always mention how I work hard and how that helps to school (on that day), when I leave the school.
When other stuff leaves school, they do the same thing to him/her.
Toshi and Rie are very busy to manage the school, but they always are very thoughtful! I want to be like them, someday...

Oh, by the way, Toshi, who always gives me nice comments about my fashion, said, "I can recognize which celebrity had a plastic surgery, and where they get "renewal!"
...Who is he?...

No comments: