Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Don't save your energy

When I was a college student, my bookkeeping class's professor said to us.
"Please imagine you would die after the class. You will not bored, and not be sleepy. You will concentrate on listening to the class with all of your energy. Listen to me like that, and live like that."
I was only one student whose major was English literature, but took the bookkeeping class. I was struggling to keep up with the class, so the professor's words very impressed me. Even though I completely forgot what I learned in the class...sorry!

Sometimes I thought, "I'm tired today, so let me avoid this talkative student ..." or "I didn't have enough time to prepare for the class, so I'll cut corners in this class!"
Frankly speaking, it was true...
However, since I read similar words from an famous playwright, I remembered what the professor said. Lately, I have "tried" to burn all of my energy day by day.

Maybe I can work harder to burn my energy out, but my effort has yielded some nice results, I guess.... Not very significant ones, but I could feel refreshing about it.

However...today's my last private student, Akira, who is 13 years old, forgot textbooks, yawned several times, and looked "daydreaming" in my class.
He seemed not to use his energy at all!
Should I burn out my energy for him??? No!!!
Oh, I went back to myself before...



No comments: