Thursday, February 19, 2009

Boys are...

I've noticed the difference. And, that was significant to me.

In my 4-5 years old kids' class, Mamoru and Takuya, have changed gradually.
They are still wild, but they changed from "resistantly wild" to "obediently wild."

The two boys were real handfuls.
In the class, they were kicking, tackling each other, tugging my hair or bow, and flipping my skirt. They were screaming, trying to get out of the classroom often, breaking my props... Their class was not "a class," it was "a zoo." I was so sick and tired of them, that I made "emergency calls" to the head quarters to beg some advice.

...However, lately, I think I got some strategies of them. Also, maybe we have been making a rapport.

Today, once they came to the school and looked my eyes, they started to run & rushed into the classroom. They tried to lock me out as usual.
But I showed them a paper balloon (which I got it from a 100 yen shop) from the small window. Mamoru said, "Look! Keiko sensei brings a new toy!"
Then, they opened the door. EASY!!

During the class, they lost concentration soon.
I picked some animal magnets as their points, and made them compete by physical games.
They immediately opened their eyes, and repeated English sentences after me.
EASY!!

At the "checking" time, Mamoru denied to take his textbook out.
I asked him why, then he said," Takuya will tear my book!"
Okay, sometimes it happens, but...
I took his hands, looked into his eyes, and said.
"Mamoru, but Takuya forgave you when you snapped his pencils. He is your kind friend! He won't tear your book unless you tear his book into pieces. OK?"
Then, Mamoru said, "OK!" and took his book out from his bag.
EASY!!

Actually, other boys have also changed. Yuta, my private student who is 15 years old, looked disobedient to me...
But today, Toshi said, "I talked with Yuta's mom. She said he really like coming here.
When he did some bad things, once the mother said, "I won't let you go to the English school!" He says, "Please don't!" And follow what the mom says!"
Really?? Why??

Another boy, Takeru, 18 year old high school boy, looked unsatisfied with my "Sparta" lesson. But Rie said, "You know, Takuya said to me, he liked your challenging lesson!"

...Boys are still mysterious to me...but, cute!!

No comments: