Sunday, February 08, 2009

French Fashionista

I learn French twice a month.
The teacher is a French lady who have been teaching French at a university.
She has lived in Japan for thirty years, so we can ask her complicated French grammar in Japanese!
She is like the "French version of " Sally, who was my tutor in America & my eternal role model. The French teacher, Nicole, also is sophisticated, graceful, thoughtful, and very professional. And...fashionable!

After today's lesson, Nicole noticed my tights. I was wearing bright pink tights which went on my sweater. I enjoyed wearing the one that is not suitable at my work.
She asked me, "Cute tights! Where can you get them?"
I said," At department stores! You can get any color items there!"
She was surprised, "Really! I haven't been to department stores for awhile..."
I was wondering, "So, where do you shop? You always wear clothes with good qualities!!"
She smiled, "Well, I haven't shopped lately... For example, I have been wearing this coat for 15 years. This is Fendy one, which is my favorite brand. I wanted to reform it, so actually I added this fur last week!"

My classmate and I were stunned.
"Did you do it by yourself!? It's fantastic!"
Her "reborn" coat had nice fur on collar and sleeves.
Nicole looked glad, "Yes, I did. I ordered this antique fur, and hansewed it on my coat. It was fun!"

I thought, "Wow!" I haven't worn the same coat for 15 years...
But she is doing it! She rarely shops, but she gets a high-class clothes very sometimes.
I heard French people love fashion, but don't shop a lot.
She is the typical one!
How about me? I love fashion, but...
I should learn her style!!

No comments: