Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Clean the air

Yesterday, finally, we got the one.
That one is...the air cleaner!
This winter has been terrible to us. I got a cold three times, and when I recovered, my hubby got the bad one. When he got almost over it, I caught it again...
It's like the "never ending story!!"
My hubby had been marketing research, and yesterday, he decided to get the air conditioner that is also a humidifier.

However, when we went to an appliance shop, the familiar air cleaners had been already gone. Why? because they are so popular!
Lately, we've been seeing the TV commercials of air cleaners almost everyday.
My hubby believes (almost jokingly) we could be "completely" healthy if we get the air cleaner. The TV commercials has made us believed so!!
Anyway, we visited a few appliance shops, and eventually we found the one which arrived "just special."

My hubby looked very happy.
"Yeah! Finally, we could become COMPLETELY healthy! We won't have a cold anymore!!"
Are TV commercials so persuading or is just my hubby quite easy to believe???

Actiually, since my hubby has set the air cleaner, he has been watching "it" always.
The machine has so many buttons.
If the room has a smell, house dust or something, it tells us what are there in the air, and tries to clean them. It could be interesting to him! But things has been more advanced...

My hubby exhaled to the machine, and said.
"Look! She (the air cleaner) doesn't show the "smell" sign! I don't have a bad breath!!"
Then, I coincidentally stood up, and got closer to the air cleaner.
My hubby said, "Look! When you get closer to her, she shows "smell" and "house dust" sign! You are DIRTY!!"
When I was cooking, he was still looking at the air cleaner and said,
"Look! She shows the "smell" sign, and the sign became "the maximum smell!
You think Keiko smells a lot, don't you? I agree with you!!" He talked to the machine...

...Is the air cleaner his toy or his friend? I just hope it "works" well...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

祝☆お部屋の仲間入り!!
加湿器&空気清浄機さん♪加湿器あると全然違うわ~ウチもフル回転よ。
空気清浄機ってよくわからない作動するときあるよね…( ゜_゜;) 

keiko said...

アメリカでは加湿器使ってたんだけど(ものすごく乾燥してたから。。冬の北海道も、そうだよね!)20-40ドルの安いものが主流で、空気清浄機はあったのかも覚えてないの。 たぶん、田舎では売ってなかったかな?
日本の家電はすごいよね!
私が近づくと、ほんとにいろんなサインがつく。。「ニオイ」だの「ハウスダスト」だの。 旦那に「けんちゃん、くさいんや!」といじめられて(笑)、なんか2対位1って感じです(笑)