Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Make Haste Slowly

I have been suffering my neck pain more than one month.
Especially, it made me really tired on the training day, last Saturday.
So, I decided to go to the orthopedics.

The conclusion is "my neck pain is not a big deal."
The doctor, who looks like Osaka governor Mr. Hashimoto, said to me frankly.
"Accoding to the manipulation & CT, I don't think you have a serious problem.
Just one thing... Your neck bone is especially slender! ("Slender" sounds flattering, but "your bone is slender" sounds fragile in an unhealthy way!) And your neck bone's arrangement is not perfect... I think your posture is not good.
You can be careful about your posture especially when you use the computer, and do exercise! Having over-the-counter aspirins is not bad. They are weaker than prescribed aspirins. If the over-the-counter aspirins ease your neck pain, it means your pain is not so severe. Take your time! You'll be fine."

Actually, the doctor seemed strict because he didn't allow me to ask questions...
But he was very frank, so I believed him.

After I got home, I wanted to go out to attend the Toastmasters meeting, finally.
But I didn't. I had a mild fever!
I wanted to visit the Toastmasters' meeting because it is what I want since I came back to Japan. However, I decided to "make haste slowly."
I don't know when my condition will be perfect, but I'll wait the time as well as the coming of the spring.

Good night!!

1 comment:

Junko Yamauchi, LMFT said...

You may want to try Yoga. Download some video podcast. It is only 15-20 minutes. I bet you'll experience the flow of blood to the body :-)