Saturday, February 14, 2009

How to deal with people you dislike

I think I will show you "the dark side" of me today.
So, if you are uncomfortable with it, please skip this article!!

Fortunately, I don't have "dislike people" around me right now.
When I live in Tokyo ( I mean, the same as before I went to America,) fortunately I don't have them.
It's because, maybe I can choose where I want to stay (the company, friends, etc) in Tokyo.
However, when I was in Sapporo and America, I had several.
I had to work with them, or socialize with them.
I haven't kept in touch with most of them( because I don't want,) but some of them haven't noticed the fact "I dislike them." (Don't worry! They don't read my blog!)

A few days ago, I got a letter from one of them. It was a looong one.
When I was reading it, the bright side of me was saying to me," It's nice of her that she wrote a long letter to me! Wow, she is completely happy now! Let's celebrate her!"
But, the dark side of me was saying, "Please forget me! I'm not interested in how you are doing! I don't want you write back!"
Yes, I AM MEAN!!

...But I ain't mean enough not to be happy for a person who is innocent.
I don't think she is a bad person, but she is just "rude."
It's unfortunate of her not to know how to communicate with people.
It's unfortunate of me not to forget what she did to me.

Again, the bright side of me is saying, "What a mean person I am! Oh God, please make me a generous person! I have to forgive her!!"
But, the dark side of me is saying," You know, she is not a child! She would have had chances to learn not to be rude, but she didn't. That's her fault! You don't have to be generous to such people!!"

I know I should listen to the "bright side of me" because the bad feeling yields nothing.
Tomorrow, I will meet "many of" my colleagues.
All of my colleagues (so far) are actually "my type."
They are nice, humble, friendly, good listeners, and not "KY." ( I think I am an exception!)
I really need to meet them to send "my dark side of me" away!!!

No comments: