Thursday, October 30, 2008

Can't stop talking

I had a new member of my semi-private class today. His name is Takumi, who is a freshman of a prestigious college. Yes, he is new in MY class, but he is quite familiar in my school. Because he is always around us!!!

He thinks of us as if his friends. He can't communicate longer with native English speaker teachers,, so Toshi (our head teacher) and me are tend to be his targets.
He is innocent, but sometimes it's very annoying (sorry ) to be caught by his loooong talking!

I always felt sorry to see Toshi had to keep talking with him. But tonight, I started to be "his" teacher because his level went up and happened to enter my class...so I almost "had to" be caught by him.
He is a cute & good boy, but... I was about to tell him.
"Listen, kid! It's already 10:00pm (The class was over at 9:00pm) and it takes one hour from here to my home. I have a husband who is waiting for me, and I have to wake up at 7:00am tomorrow to make his breakfast. I DON'T HAVE TIME TO listen to your school test and your former dreams,whatsoever!! GO HOME!!"
...Of course I didn't say so...

During his talk, I slipped out of the office pretending I had some business.
I was successful to leave school finally, but Toshi was still talking with him.
Toshi is an enthusiastic head teacher, so he was trying to connect his meaningless talking to "sales talk." Look at him! But I am not in.

Actually, there are some college students are like Takumi.
Do you know how working people are busy?
You'll know in a few years!!!

No comments: