Thursday, October 23, 2008

Emergency Call

Frankly speaking, lately, I often call the headquarters of my school.
For what? To ask some advice about teaching kids classes!!

My school has a wonderful training program for new teachers. At the training, trainers said, "Call us every time when you have questions! We're glad to talk with you!"
But, I knew they were really busy people, and I wanted to find solutions by myself
So I didn't contact them.

However, my concern for teaching the 4-5 years old class has been getting bigger. I often write about them here, so you may know... I had no idea what to teach the "wild kids," so lately, I make an "emergency call" to a kids' English trainer, Toko, almost every week.

What I admire her is...she always "welcomes" my annoying(might be) calls.
Whenever she takes the phone, she says,
"Hi! Keiko sensei! I'm glad you call! How was the last lesson?"
Then, she gives helpful advice.

Even though you get your dream job, nobody can be a "real pro" right after you start the job. I am a teacher, but I also have my "teachers." Teachers at my school, trainers of the head quarters, and of course English teachers while I was in the U.S...
I shouldn't forget I "have been raising" by them.

No comments: