Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thing in common

Just after all classes (including three consecutive energetic kids classes) and some counselings with a few students, the clock showed around 9:30pm.
I knew I had to work overtime today to fill in some papers.
Then, my head teacher, Toshi, caught me and said, "Do you have time today? We're going to a restaurant after work. It's free meal because we did make a big profit last month. Come with us!"
I just wanted to go home, but I smiled. "Sure! Why can't I not to come!"

...I tend to be a "homebody" lately, and I have to study for the EIKEN on this weekend... But I know the communication among co-workers is crucial.
If we spend the time together, I can get to know them & get new information about the job.
And also I know I always have a great time with my co-workers.
All of them (us!?) are cute! I mean, their appearance & characters, both of them!!

At the end of the dinner, I found an interesting fact.
When a waiter said, "As a dessert, which one would you like? The vanilla ice cream, or the green tea ice cream?"
Then, everyone (three Japanese including me, one American, and one Australian) said in unison, " Green tea!"
It made me surprised. Most "conservative" people, for example like my hubby, definitely take the vanilla one. Why?because that is the most popular, and basic one!
My hubby always takes "the major one" and I always take "the minor one."
I just love to try new menu or new flavor!
Because we have a same job? we have a thing in common?? Probably, we have more "things" in common?? Could be!!

No comments: