Saturday, October 25, 2008

Volunteer

Today is my school's Halloween party. This party is for only kids!
I intended to go there, and I bought a costume. I became a WITCH today.


However, part time teachers don't get paid for this kind of party things.
The school says, "we provide food and drinks. Our students have to pay for those, but you don't have to. Therefore, we offset!!"
It is OK for me, so I skipped lunch ( I ate brunch, though) , and went to school at this evening.

But, as a result, there was no food and drink at all in this party!
That's because it's a kids party, I had to take many kids along in the school and played games with them. I was pulled my hair and costume by energetic children...I was exhausted!!
Maybe, other part time teachers are smart enough? to predict this situation. They didn't come! Today, I was a totally volunteer.

However, I think I had a good day today.
My kids seemed to glad to meet me, as a witch. They (including saucy girls) said "I want to have a picture taken with Keiko sensei!" That was cute.
I noticed my most handful boy, Mamoru, who is in my 4-5 years old class, is not only "the most troublesome boy in my classes," but also "the most troublesome boy in my school( among 50 kids students!)" Other teachers were really puzzled what to do with him! However, after the party, his mother was late to come back school to pick him up.
Having noticed that, he started to cry, saying, "Keiko sensei! Keiko sensei!"
That was also cute.

I know today's Halloween party was "the mandatory work which is called "voluntary."
Whatever job you are involved, whichever community you belong, you should do this kind of jobs sometimes. Right?
I hope today's Halloween party becomes a good memory for the kids!

...While I was struggling with disguised energetic children, my hubby came back safe from America!
Before he left, I handed him "a souvenir list."
I wrote a lot on the list, but I said, "I know you will be really busy in this business trip.
So, of course you don't have to buy everything! This is my "wish list." If you find some on the list coincidentally, please get them. But you don't have to take your time!"
...However, he bought everything on my list VOLUNTARILY! Thanks, sweetie!!
Also, my friends who are still living in Lafayette, the city I used to live, left him nice souvenirs "voluntarily" to me. Thank you, Miki chan!! Thank you, Kumiko san!!

...You know, it's a good day to me!

No comments: