Monday, October 13, 2008

Test-taking skills

One week later from today, I will be taking the EIKEN. When I was a junior of high school, I passed the second grade of this, and that was one condition of my desired college's admission by recommendation. I got the recommendation successfully!

10 years later since then,(Oops! More years...) I mean now, I happened to have to take EIKEN again. I haven't taken the semi-first grade, but I've decided to take the first one. Because if I am successfully pass it, my salary goes up (just a little bit,) and I am supposed to know the test-taking skills!

Now, I have two private student aiming for passing the EIKEN. One is a junior high school student wanting to pass the semi-second grade, and the other is a high school student whose desired college requires to have the second grade of it.
Actually, their mothers want them to take those MORE...
To prove I am a qualified teacher to teach EIKEN study, it's better for me to pass it!

However, as you know, I really don't want to take it... I've been studying vocabulary, reading books, and keeping this blog to (hopefully) improve my basic English ability.
But I feel the "practical" study for EIKEN hasn't enough. I just don't have time to study sufficiently for EIKEN right now!
But taking the actual test will be my good experience, so I will do it.
More than that, I paid the examination fee, which is 7,500yen if I remember correctly!

How will it go? I can just do my best until it's over!!

No comments: