Sunday, October 05, 2008

Soul Food

Although both of us are having a cold, my hubby and I drove to Kichijoji for some reasons.
We finally bought a wall hanging clock and the set of bed covers.
Believe it or not, I haven't cared for bed linen stuff. So, it was the first time to have "stylish" bed covers!

The time in Kichijoji was a real blast. However, the way we went back to home, we really felt ill... In that case, which food do you have as dinner?
In our case...soba! My hubby had a sore throat, but he could eat soba.
That soba actually really comforted us. Ummm! The Japanese soul food is great!

By the way, what is American soul food? One of my school's teacher, Bob, looks always happy when he eats MacDonald's burger. If that is American soul food, my hubby is like a "Japanese-American" cause his ate MarDonald happily today (lunch time) even though he had such a sore throat!!

4 comments:

Junko Yamauchi, LMFT said...

The first thing comes to my mind when I heard "soul food" is something southern. Maybe corn bread? My comfort food would be rice with umeboshi, which probably hearts when you are having sore throat, though.

keiko said...

Hello Junkochan,

Your sould food is corn bread?
You are American!!

Junko Yamauchi, LMFT said...

No,no,no..... I meant I thought soul food for American was corn bread. Mine is rice with umeboshi as I said as my comfort food.

keiko said...

I see! Now I got it! sorry☆