Thursday, October 02, 2008

Growth

I said (wrote) that the hardest class for me to teach was the 4-5 year old kids' class.
However, today...the revolution occurred in the class!!

We welcomed new students in the class. They are not only cute, but also smart girls!
Usually, the class was such a mess. It was like a zoo! Two boisterous boys were running, screaming, kicking and trying to get out of the class...


The mothers of the two new girls are friends. They searched a lot about kids English classes, and took trial lessons from various schools. I was the one who gave them a trial lesson at my school, so I was glad that the mothers decided to become our clients!!
So, I didn't want to be bothered by the two naughty boys.

However, the situation was completely different from what I imagined.
Maybe that's why the most troublesome one( I shouldn't say that, but...,) Takashi was absent. But the crybaby, Taku, didn't behave badly today.
He was a very supportive classmate of those two girls!!
He taught them how to do games or how to say some words in English.
I was amazed how he became a good boy!! I felt like, "I am seeing his growth right now!!"
I know it was a boy's instinct to show gals how he is cool & smart...
But I appreciated the boy's vanity!!

Also, even though one of the girl cried during the class because she missed her mother, she had done every parts of the class, and brought Taku's bag that he forgot.
I also felt, "Oh, I am seeing her growth!!"
I sensed the fulfillment after the class.

I heard a child "grows" suddenly, but it doesn't mean s/he "stepped up" the next stage completely.
S/He may goes back to the former step soon.
But it's OK! I've decided to keep my aggressiveness & giving "affection" them!!
...If they don't go back to be "wild animals," hopefully...

No comments: