Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Safety Net

During the break of my evening classes, I noticed a text message on my cell.
That was from my mom. She wrote, "Hi! Are you OK? I know Tom(my hubby) has been away for a business trip. Are you OK being alone?"
After work, I immediately called her. "Don't worry! I'm pretty fine!"

I got home, and started to prepare dinner, watching a video of my favorite TV show.
Then, my cell phone rang... That was from my aunt.
"Hey! Are you OK with being alone? How is Tom in America?"
I AM OK!! My hubby is OK? I don't know! He is supposed to be OK because I haven't gotten any message. He went to the U.S. on last Sunday, saying, "I will be very busy during the trip, so I won't call you unless something bad happens!"
I told my aunt so.

Usually, my mom and aunt don't call me often. But when my hubby is away from home, they feel they are like my "safety net." I appreciate that, but actually...I'm pretty comfortable being alone!

When I just got married, I always invited my friend, and had her sleepover at my house when my hubby went to a business trip.
However, now, I grew up enough to enjoy "being alone"? and I realized I have many things to do in my free time. And now, I'm just busy with work!

Maybe, it's really good for me to "enjoy being alone" and "have a place to go, and people to meet." But surely, "having my hubby back safely" is the best thing!
Yes, just himself...and some souvenirs...
Am I nagging at him???

No comments: