Thursday, October 09, 2008

Plateau

It's been four months since I started to teach English.
I know it may be too early to day,"I feel [plateau] at my work," but I do.

The more I teach, the more things I have to do (care) is increasing.
In other words, my obligations( not "I have to," but "I should"...) has been increasing a lot, but my teaching skills has just been "plateau." My English is as well.

Today, I had the most troublesome student in my class, and the mothers of other kids in the class are really earnest about their children's English education.
I'm concerned how I will handle the class.
I have some private students who "have to" pass EIKEN as soon as possible, and their "mothers" (again!) pressure makes me feel blue... (At least, I don't think I can pass the EIKEN first grade two weeks later if I am still working just hard!!)
I should be "encouraged" by their expectation. However, when I am tired, I just can't.
I have been asked some overwork from my manager. Moreover, one of a part time teacher of my school lost her father, so probably I have to work more.

The manager and head teacher expect me a lot because "Keiko is liked by many students, not only as a good teacher, but also as a good friend." As they are saying...
That is "my honor." But... Hmmm....
Working is always hard!! I don't work so hard like my hubby or my friends, but I already feel "burnout."

Well, well,well, but surely there are many good things, too!
Today, I was so impressed how Maki, who is one of the dedicated students in my school, improved her English. I have checked her writings every week, she has memorized the proofread versions, and presented them. We have done this self study for three months.
Maki's speaking skill has improved a lot! Her pronunciation & intonation became much better, and she hardly made grammatical mistakes without the script.
I know that's because she have taken our "English conversation" lessons. It owes her effort and our teaching! That is great!

I "ended up" today's blog with a positive side. Yes, see the positive sides!!

No comments: