Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Getting Renewal

I wrote "I have seven classes to teach tomorrow" yesterday.
Yes, I do... From noon, I had a lesson with a psychiatrist. I had two vacant hours. But I needed to prepare for next lessons & copy teaching manuals for kids' lessons, etc.
Then, I had six consecutive classes to teach! It was like, "six-hour-teaching marathon!" However, I noticed one thing. I had Yakiniku Teisyoku today because I was REALLY hungry. The one I bought at a convenience store had mostly, meat, meat, and meat. I felt that is not good for my health, but...I didn't feel "hungry" at all during "six-hour-teaching marathon!"
Maybe the fact "eating only meat is not good for our health" is true, but another fact "meat can be your energy soon" is also true, I proved!!

Oh, what I want to say most is not the "meat" thing.
I got "renewal" from my private student, Kazuki. That made me delighted!
Kazuki is maybe the cleverest student of mine. He is a sales manager of a foreign-affiliated company. He doesn't use our regular textbook in his private class.
He subscribes English newspaper, so we pick one long article every week from it. I make vocabulary quiz and comprehension quiz. In the class, we do the quiz.
So, it means...I take time the longest to prepare for Kazuki's class!

Because his English is already fairly good, I was not sure whether he renews the contract (continue to take my lessons) or not.
However, today, he renewed his contract! Yeah!
I have had three private students who needed to renew their contracts. So far, all of them agreed to continue to take my classes!
It was great for me & our school. Regular lessons have "terms," but private classes don't. Therefore, private students can quit whenever their final terms of the contracts.
If they don't like their teachers, they wouldn't renew the contracts...so, I was glad!!

I was satisfied & sensed fulfillment to hear that after all lessons, around 9:00pm.
But when Hiromi, who was our assistant manager looked in on our office, saw my face, she screamed..."Are you OK? You look AWFUL!!"
I wasn't exhausted, but "six-hour-teaching marathon" didn't give me a chance to check my make-up. Sorry!!

No comments: