Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Air Conditioner Tour

Last night, I had a "tough" night as well as recent nights. Cause... it was too hot to sleep!! While I was waking up a few times during the night, my hubby slept deeply.

In this morning, I said to him.
"Probably we SHOULD buy an air conditioner for our bedroom."
He rounded his big eyes, "We SHOULD?? Maybe we SHOULD consider Eco-oriented life! Operating an air conditioner during nights uses lots of electricity, and makes our bodies too cold, don't you think so??"
Well, well, well... I tried to be calm..."I know how important it is to have Eco-oriented life, but if I can't sleep at nights, I must become short-tempered!! Then, you need to take MUCH energy to let me calm down, DON'T YOU THINK SO???"
My hubby smiled weakly, "OK, I understand, I understand..."

We went out for "seeking a cheaper & sooner air-conditioner" because we searched it in Shinjuku last night, but clerks said it took at least 10 days to install it. Because of this hot summer, many people buy air conditioners, so fitters have been so busy!
We drove around our neighborhood.
We found a big sign of home appliance shop, which said "we sell everything at the cheapest prices in this area!!! The shop was "Denkichi." We had never heard of this name...but the catch line attracted us.

We intended that the cheapest one is the better. However, when I asked one clerk, he recommended us a middle-class one. He said, "Cheap air conditioners make our bodies too cold, but this middle-class one has a system to keep the room temperature the same. I have used the same one. This is a HUGE difference from a cheap one!!"
Also, he offered me a discount, and he started to explain whey they can install air conditioners sooner than other shops.
His explanation was so smooth & reasonable that we were convinced to buy the middle-class one.

Shopping is magic! Shoppers want to get a cheap one mostly, but when they had a "professional explanation," they could be convinced to get better one, and be satisfied.
When he gave us his business card, it said he is "the chief" of the shop.
Aha, I see, that's why we were easily convinced! He was a "well-trained" one....

After we came home, the weather forecast said the next weekend( I mean, this coming weekend) would become VERY hot.
I said, "Yes! At that time, we have an air conditioner in our bedroom!!"
Then, my hubby shrugged his shoulders,
"You know, to have an ECO-ORIENTED life..."
I KNOW IT!!!

2 comments:

Junko Yamauchi, LMFT said...

It would be nice to have an air conditioner on while you are sleeping in summer. I think Japanese heating & cooling style is more eco than the one in the U.S. Central heating & cooling is sometimes a waste.

keiko said...

Yes, Junko chan,there are some brochures that show every air conditioners' eco performance.
It was amazing!!