Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Tiny Heart

My first "parents observation day" has gone peacefully. I got REALLY nervous before the classes began as if I did my first emcee job. But eventually, there were less mothers coming than I expected. I got some "opinions" from the mothers, but they were pleasant ones.

However, I heard one story that stuck my heart. Ruka (a two-year-old girl)'s mother said to me, "When Emily (my preceding teacher) left the school, she said nothing to Ruka. She said to ME why she would leave the school, but maybe she thought Ruka was too young to say good-bye. However, actually, Ruka felt sad and she didn't understand whey Emily left the school without saying good-bye to her. After that, Ruka said she didn't want to go to the English school."

...OH!!!!... I'm so sorry... I understand why Emily didn't say good-bye to her... Probably she didn't want Ruka to feel lonely... I also understand how Ruka's tiny heart hurt... Now, one thing I know is Ruka was not too young to say good-bye. She wanted to do "farewell" to the teacher, like us.

When I had a kids' English meeting, I had some classes of child psychology. The teacher said, "some of you may think children are MONSTERS, but they are not. They are SMALL ADULTS. They feel the same like what you feel. So, you should treat children the way you want other adults to treat you."
That is exactly true...
Oh, the teacher also said, "But don't forget. They are not flexible like you."
That is also true...

To be honest with you, I still feel some of my kids students are "monsters." But whenever I feel so, I try to remind of the teacher's words. They are SMALL ADULTS!!
Well, to talk with the mothers is good to get the kids' information!!

I have some more "parents observation classes," so I have to prepare more...
But tomorrow, I go out to one of the biggest events of the year.
What is that?? I'll talk to you tomorrow!!

No comments: