Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Follow-up Training

One of the reasons I chose my English school is that they provide teachers rewarding training.
When I was looking for a teacher job, I was offered it from another language school. Actually, that school was what in my mind first because the school was focused on "business" English I wanted to do.
However, I chose my school. I thought I could grow through their training. I hadn't worked as an English teacher, so I needed to "be raised."

Just after I decided to join my school, I had two sequential trainings. One is for adult teaching. We ( I and other new teachers) had to stay at the training center in Omiya for one week. We stayed up late, and drank a lot...No! STUDY a lot!!
The other training was for kids teaching. It was held at the headquarters, in Shinjuku. We got tired because we had to "act" kid students, but both of the training were preciously REWARDING.

Today, I went to the training center in Omiya to take the follow-up training.
I took it earlier (I've been teaching just for one and a half month. Other teachers have been teaching almost three months.) so I met "new" peers.
People said our school's teachers have the "same color." Today, I realized it very much because EVERYONE was...VERY cheerful, having always smiling, and pleasant!!!
Recently, I tend to "forget" to smile at work because I just needed to get used to everything... But their smile reminds me of "my smile!"
(Actually, the wedding job on last weekend also reminds me of that...)

Today, I learned "smiling and providing good lessons" are the most important thing!
Maybe...

But the thing I regret is that I was so tired that I couldn't ask many questions to trainers!! This training was a chance to confirm many small details. At school, other teachers were so busy that I don't have time to ask them!!
Uhhh, there are TONS of things to do to become a FANTASTIC teacher, but before that...I need to go to bed!!!

No comments: