Friday, July 04, 2008

Improvement

I have wanted to do "a rewarding job" for a long time. However, I realized I need to have lots of responsibilities to carry out "rewarding jobs." I have experienced some "boring jobs," but in other words, I could be relaxed during work time and take days off easily. Those facts could be "advantages" to do boring jobs.

English teacher and wedding emcee are rewarding jobs. I thought wedding emcee was harder because wedding is "once a lifetime" thing(well, of course nowadays many people celebrate their second or third weddings, but AT LEAST newlyweds BELIEVE it is once a lifetime at their first weddings.)

However, recently, I noticed. English teachers have another big responsibility.
That is "we have to guarantee our students' improvement!!"
I should become like a "sport trainer" of them. I encourage them, support them, give advise, and sometimes say something bitter to them.
Especially, parents of kids class tend to be flustered about the kids' improvement.
I (we) always have to think about "how can they improve???"

I just started my new career, but keeping that in my mind all the time makes me "improved" as a teacher, definitely. Oh, before that, I should "improve" in my English!!

Ho-ho, it's a long way to go!!!

No comments: