Friday, July 18, 2008

Super Girl

Life is a sequence of "hello" and "good-bye."
Last week, our English school bid farewell to Jessica, who went back to Australia, and gave a warm welcome to the ET (not "extraterrestrial being," but "emergency teacher!!), Alan, who is from England.
Then, at the end of July...our assistant manager, Hiromi, will be leaving!!

When I met her at the first time, I thought she might be too casual for our school. From her clothing, and ways of talking.
However, after a week later, I had to admit. SHE IS SOMEBODY!!!

She often talks to students, and makes them comfortable. Her English is actually really good, so she often speaks with them in English. She knows which documents have stored which cabinet precisely. She is good at promoting new classes or textbooks.
She looks "just a girl," but actually she IS a "super girl" in our school.
I think most offices have such super girls, or super "guys." Look around!

We will miss her, but the reason why she quit our school sounds pretty pleasant.
She will get married and wants to settle down her new life.
Today, she said to me, "Keiko! Will you be my wedding emcee?? I need a BILINGUAL emcee!!"
Of course, sure!! I had wanted to be a bilingual wedding emcee & English teacher, so, being the SUPER GIRL (from my English school)'s emcee is the BEST work for me!!

I feel grateful I have two skills (well, both of my skills are far from to be "cream of the crop", though...) Getting a skill takes much much time & we need to have experiences, but REWARD is huge!!

No comments: