Sunday, July 27, 2008

My Words

Today's my clients (a bride and groom) are a nurse and an American football player.
Therefore, the guests were TONS of brawny & TOO energetic guys.
The wedding party became UPROARIOUS!!
But I was relieved I could handle those guys & finish the party on time.
In some wedding places, emcees MUST finish parties on time. Of course there are many reasons why the parties last longer. What emcee can shorten is limited, but some wedding places rely on emcees about it too much.
Anyway, it was good I (and of course for other staff's sake, ) could make it.

Since I came back to Japan, I have done just a few jobs as a wedding emcee.
I haden't been working as an emcee while I was being in the U.S, but I think some of my studies and activities made me grow as an emcee.
I think now I can talk in "my words" more than before.
Before I went to the U.S, I worked a lot as an emcee, but I was not good at making my comments immediately. But after studying English, especially English presentations, (like Toastmasters' activities,) I kinda get to know (a little bit ) what an impromptu speech is. I LOVE being involved in weddings, so I'd like to do this job more as a bilingual emcee!!

Speaking of impromptu speech, I HOPE I can be good at impromptu teaching, too!!

No comments: