Thursday, July 10, 2008

Game Activities

I told you before, but let me say it again.
"Everyday, after I finish all classes, I always think, "thank, God! I can't believe I am still alive!!!""
Wednesday is the day I feel it most because I have three kids classes continuously.

After I teach 4&5-year-old boys( actually I don't "teach" them, almost I "discipline" them..,) 6-year-old kids rush into the classroom. After their class, the first and second grade (of elementary school) kids come to me, and talk to me.
Talking with kids, I prepare teaching materials for the next class, change CDs, and talk with the parents. During three hours, I don't have time even to go to a restroom!

This week is especially hard for me. It will have been one month since I started to teach. Our kids textbook are consisted of 10 Units(maybe,) and each unit has four lessons. Lesson 4 is a review lesson. This week, it was the first time for me to teach lesson 4. Because it's review activities, I should do many "games" to reinforce the vocabulary & structures kids learned.

To make the kids feel comfortable & enjoyable for learning English, I always have to think which game is the best to reinforce the teaching points. Of course I can see what kind of games we should do on the appendix of teaching manuals, but they are written in English(Well, almost everything is written in English here...) Sometimes it's hard to understand, and I should think about "which game is enjoyable, suitable, and the most effective??"
In the Review lessons, kids do more games than usual lessons...
So, I was so busy with preparing for games!!

After they grow up, I hope they will know how an English teacher have a difficulty to make them like English. Anyway, it will be a long time later...

No comments: