Monday, July 28, 2008

Taking the TOEIC

My BIGGEST resolution in 2008 is "taking a full score of TOEIC."
When I got 950 score last November, I swore myself to take a full score (990) next time. So...was I ready to take a full score! No! Not at all!

Since I took the TOEIC last time, I have been very busy... I prepared to move to Japan, moved again in Japan, searched a job, be trained as a wedding emcee & an English teacher, and tried to get used of teaching, researching self study program of my English school, etc, etc... But everybody is busy!!

I was a CHICKEN, so I didn't apply for TOEIC through my school even though I could get discount. I was afraid to take a lower score and that my shcool gets to know it!!

However, maybe I did a "so-so" job. I heard TOEIC can evaluate examinees' English abilities regardless the test taking circumstances or their physical conditions.
That means, you can't make excuses like "I didn't feel good when I took the TOEIC" or "The listening condition in my test room was not good" etc, etc.

I couldn't study for the TOEIC itself much this time. Also, my physical condition was not good today. But I think I may be get almost same score or a bit higher than last time.
It's because I speak, write, listen, or read English dairy through my work.
I tend to be optimistic, so I'm not sure... But maybe, my score will not be so bad.

By the way, my face was really awful today cause I had the hardest day in a month (not a disease, just a girl's issue!!) I didn't care my appearance when I went out to take the TOEIC. I thought I wouldn't meet anyone I know!
But when I lined a long line of a bus stop (with ill-tempered face,) a young girl who was standing in front of me talked to me.
"Keiko sensei! Are you also going to take the TOEIC!?"
She was my student ( correctly not mine, my shcool's student)...what a coincidence!! I shouldn't be tooooo relaxed!!!

No comments: