Thursday, July 17, 2008

Motivation

Every Wednesday, after teaching( no, actually, "disciplining!!" ) handfuls ( 4-5 year old boys,) obedient 6 year old girls look like "angels" to me.
After the class, I teach the first and second grade girls. Do you remember, the "queen" Miho in this class? After having several lessons together, we became "friends." Unfortunately, I don't think I became her "boss"... She still orders me to mimic Edo Harumi or Sekai no Nabeatsu (if you don't live in Japan, you don't know him...he is a remarkable comedian!!) and I'm under her thumb... But I BELIEVE we became "good friends."

After rustling (tiring) three kids classes, teaching two adults classes is just "joy" to me.
Especially, my regular students at the last class on Wednesday, Yuki and Hide, HEAL me a lot. They are basically excellent businessmen, but at our English school, they are like "comedians." They have taken my class at the expense of their company,(They belong to the same company) but they said they seldom use English at work.
So maybe that's why they are not "desperate" to learn English. I feel like they come to my class not because to learn English, but because "to make me laugh!"
Whenever we do role playing in my class, their ones are like "comedy skits."
I am the one who gets paid, but they are so funny that sometimes I feel I should pay to them!!

However, today, things were a little bit different. In the class, they seemed to be serious. After the class, they wouldn't leave the classroom looking back their textbook.
"What happened?" I asked them.
They said, "We might go to the U.S. as a business trip! Probably we have to marketing research from American people!!"

"Wowwww!! Good luck! You can use what you've learned in our class!!"
I said to them.
My school is popular nationwide, so there are many "laid-back" students like Yuki and Hide. However, as long as English is the international language, you happen to "need it" immediately!
But unfortunately, you can't improve in English "immediately, " so it's important to continue to learn it day by day!
Different from kids, nobody "force" us to study English. To keep studying, we need "motivations" and any motivation is OK!!

Got it, Yuki and Hide? Welcome to the English world!!!

No comments: