Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sleep tight

A question first.
If you live in Japan, except for northern area... CAN YOU SLEEP WELL RECENTLY??

It's been FIVE YEARS since I had hot, humid summer last time. Therefore, I almost forgot about how hard it was to sleep at that summer nights in Japan.
The city I used to live in the U.S, was like Hokkaido. During summer, it became hot sometimes, but it was dry.

Last night, I woke up two times during the night and I found myself SWEATY.
I had opened the window of our bedroom, but closed the door. Therefore, our room wasn't well-ventilated.

Today, it was my PRECIOUS day off. I washed all of my bedclothes and had them at the sunny balcony to dry. Then, I tried to take a nap on the sofa...but it wasn't comfortable.

Today, I was supposed to study for the TOEIC at the end of this month and go to the Toastmasters Club's meeting finally. However, during my TOEIC model test, I can't stop feeling drowsy...

I gave up to go out today, and send e-mail to the president of the Toastmasters Club. I wrote, " I am sorry, something emergency came up. I can't manage to go to today's meeting."
Yes, "emergency" meant "drowsiness" for me...

I tried to continue taking a model test, but I can't conquer the "emergency."
I went to bed, and slept TIGHTLY as if I tried to recover last night's conflict.

Summer is usually exciting season, but this Japanese humidity is hard to socialize with.
Folks, take it easy!and let's get through.

Good night! Sleep tight!!

2 comments:

Junko Yamauchi, LMFT said...

I don't live in Japan but it had been hard days in Bay Area, too. Since it is originally cooler area here, most of the houses have no air conditioners. But we had had heat wave these days and the temperature was nearly 100F! Yes, it was difficult so sleep and Erika told me that she woke up middle of the night to turn her fan on! Now it is getting back to normal sunny dry California, everyday around 80F.

keiko said...

WOOOOW!
Junko chan,I hope now you can "sleep tight!" Summer tends to take our energy too much, so...
Take it easy!!!