Friday, July 11, 2008

Diligence

I teach two grammar classes for seventh and ninth grade students. They rarely skip my classes. From last week, they have had term exams. They must have been busy, but they have attended my classes. Some of them go to international schools, so they are really fluent in English. But they come to my classes because they know how basic grammar is important.

Diligent students are not only junior high school students. Kids are also. Especially, kids who are around 3-5 years old, they must miss their moms. However, they come to my school every week, and attend classes patiently (Oh, some of them are not patient AT ALL, though...)

One business man in my adult class came to my class just after his business trip yesterday. Some of them have worked hard not only class textbooks, but also self-study programs.

I think diligence is one of the most important factor for us. Coming English school ( I mean, not a primary one ,but a secondly or thirdly school) regularly, EVERY WEEK is not so easy. Everybody is busy in this world, regardless kids or adults...but I'm sure they can improve in English because continuation is the most important to get some skills.

Incidentally, in our school, diligent people are not only students. Teachers are also truly diligent. I admire our head teacher and native speaker teachers have been trying to communicate with students as possible as they can even though they are really busy with preparing classes or other routine chores.

This weekend, one of the most diligent teachers, Jessica, will be leaving Japan.
She will go back to Australia. I'm sure she can get a fantastic job in her country because DILIGENCE has made her wonderful business person, and every employer needs diligent employees.

Good luck, Jessica(That's not her real name, though...!!!)

No comments: